Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hey, I am Back. Today is sunday,and a very cool day. I believe the temprature outside is somewhere around 14 Deg. C. But there are a few social obligations, that one can't let freeze. So naturally I got up, had a bath, had a hot cup of tea and dashed out to visit my relative, whom I wanted to visit for a long time. But, my good intention had freezed in the Delhi cold and some other more pressing and not so good intentions had over powered this poor good intention. Well, today I was courageous enough to emerge a winner and come out of my home to sit in my car with my poor good intention.

But.. I made a mistake of telling my relative that I am on my way and will have another cup of tea with him. The distance from my home to his is hardly a 10 min. drive. I knew that today being a sunday, I will reach in time. Because on the other days,one can't be too sure of the arrival time. Living in the matropolitan city has its own charm. No body can blame you for not being punctual. You can always blame it on Traffic ( If not Rio. Ha Ha )

Well. Sorry I had somehow forgotten, that we are still living in the village,and not in a so called metro city. How could I forget, that just outside my house, there will be today a SUNDAY MARKET. Vegetables, fruits, utensils, bedsheets, maxis, minis...everything would be available right outside my home. How convenient. Only problem was, that I just could not move my vehicle on the road, which was full of vendors, and buyers of course. Surprisingly.. I saw people getting down from there Cars ( Skodas, Fiats, Suzuki SX4s etc)and bargaining with the vendors for eight annas, one rupee. They had parked their cars on the side and thus bloking whatever little emmty space was available on the road. Naturally, Rickshaw pullars were also sqeezing in, and ofcourse, cows and dogs were utilising there birth right to feed themselves on the road. No body would dare touch them otherwise Madam Maneka's sentiments would have been hurt.

Uffff. Silly Me.. How could I forget, that today was a Sunday, while just yesterday, I could not pass through the other road behind my society, because of the
Saturday Market.I am fortunate enough that I have four roads leading towards my house, and FORTUNATELY we have Monday Market, Wednesday market, Saturday Market, and Sunday Market. UMMMMM. Booo Hooo. Why dont we have more roads so that I could also have Tuesday, Thursday and Friday markets.

No body bothers about this, not even our POLICE, or government. So why should I.
I AM HAPPY....

And yes I forgot to tell you that I finally had lunch at my relatives place. Had a nice SUNDAY.. or in Shahid Kapoor's Kaminey style FUNDAY...

Don't worry..... Be Happy...

2 comments:

  1. quite impressive and illustrative account of your funday...err sunday ! but i feel its better to make it , as my father puts it - a "SAUNDAY" (roughly translated as 'Sleep Day')
    no outings...no lunch at relatives ...no nothings !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could, do exactly the same. But it has been realy long long time since I have slept through the whole sunday. I Miss those days..
    KOI LAUTA DE MERE BITE HUE DIN....

    ReplyDelete